PDF Print

History of the Institute


 


Institution started its history in 1908 as Kharkiv Agricultural Experimental Station . Since its inception in 1913 until the station was headed by Professor Peter V. Budrin . December 16, 1909 the station began working Vasily Yakovlevich Yuriev .
 
in 1913 as an independent station became part of the Department of the Kharkiv Regional Agricultural Research Station . Department was headed by J. St. George .
 
In 1913 the station and headed the department Arable Boris Nikolayevich Rozhdestvensky .
 
In 1913 organized departments : entomology, plant pathology , meteorology , animal husbandry, horticulture.
 
In 1914 he organized the first expedition study , in which 9000 samples collected crops.
 
In 1917, a department of agricultural chemistry .
 
In 1920-1923 he created the first grade Kharkov selection.
 
In 1929 the station was reorganized in Ukrainian Scientific - Research Institute of Grain Farming . Since 1929, the institution led Abram Samoylovich Etingens .
 
In 1932-1933, Institute of Grain Farming translated in Dnepropetrovsk .
 
In April 1933, on the basis of selection of the Institute of Grain Farming created an independent institution - Kharkiv Seed Breeding Station Union People's Commissariat of the USSR. Station headed by Vasily Solodovnyk .
 
October 1, 1934 the station was reorganized in Kharkov regional station beet field crop breeding department .
 
August 2, 1937 on the basis of regional stations beet Arable organized Kharkov State Breeding Station Chief varietal control the People's Commissariat for Agriculture.
 
From 1938 to 1939 the station was headed by Fedor Burdenyuk , and from 1939 to 1944 - Semyon Olejnikov .
 
In 1940, a group of authors published the first edition of the textbook "The total breeding and seed ."
 
In September 1941, the station ceased operations in connection with the Second World War. September 23, 1941 the station was evacuated on Kamyshinsky breeding station . August 23, 1942 the station was evacuated to Chelyabinsk State breeding station .
 
August 28, 1943 State Breeding Station reopened in Kharkov.
 
Since 1944, the Kharkiv State breeding station headed Vasily Yakovlevich Yuriev .
 
December 21, 1945 the Presidium of the Academy of Sciences founded the Institute of Genetics and Selection of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR .
 
In March 1946, Kharkov State Breeding Station moved to the Ministry of Agriculture of the USSR and was renamed the Kharkiv State Chief varietal breeding station of the Ministry of Agriculture. On July 1, 1946 started the actual work of the Institute of Genetics and Selection of Ukrainian Academy of Sciences .
 
In 1956, at the Institute of Genetics and Selection of Ukrainian Academy of Sciences and the Kharkov State Breeding Station created Ukrainian Scientific - Research Institute of Plant Industry , breeding and genetics, the Ministry of Agriculture of the USSR.
 
June 29, 1959 in connection with the 50 - anniversary of the founding Ukrainian Scientific - Research Institute of Plant Industry , breeding and genetics, was awarded the Order of Lenin.
 
February 8, 1962 a heavy loss for the Institute - died Academician Vasily Yakovlevich Yuriev .
 
Since 1962, the Institute was headed by Doctor of Biological Sciences , Frank Polyakov .
 
In 1962, the Ukrainian Scientific - Research Institute of crop breeding and genetics, named after Academician V. Ya St. George .
 
From 1970 to 1992, the Institute of crop breeding and Genetics . VY St. George was a member of the Southern Branch of the All-Union Academy of Agricultural Sciences . Lenin.
 
From 1973 to 1991 the Institute of crop breeding and Genetics . VY St. George headed by Doctor of Agricultural Sciences Boris Sasha .
 
From 1991 to 1992 the Institute of crop breeding and Genetics . VY St. George headed by Doctor of Agricultural Sciences Anatoly Shevchenko.
 
Since 1992, the institution has its present name - the name of Institute of Plant VY Yuriev and logs Ukrainian Academy of Agrarian Sciences .
 
From 1992 to 2000 the Institute of crop breeding and Genetics . VY St. George headed Candidate of Agricultural Sciences Leonid Bondarenko.
 
From 1992 to 1995, formed a system of plant genetic resources of Ukraine headed by the National Center for Plant Genetic Resources of Ukraine ( NTSGRRU ) , which was established at the Institute of Plant Industry . St. George V. Ya .
 
From 2000 to 2012 the Institute of Plant Industry . VY St. George headed by Doctor of Agricultural Sciences Academician Viktor Kirichenko .
 
In 2000 the joint Order Ukrainian Academy of Agrarian Sciences and Kharkiv regional state administration established the Center for scientific support of agricultural production in the Kharkiv region .
 
December 25, 2002 employees of the Plant Production Institute nd. a. V. Ya. Yuryev UAAN awarded by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
 

In 2012, the Plant Production Institute nd. a. V. Ya. Yuryev NAAS of Ukraine became the main institution Left-Bank Forest-Steppe research and innovation center of the National Academy of Agricultural Sciences.

The Institute is the main institution of the Center research providing agricultural production Kharkiv region.

  From 2012 to 2014 the Plant Production Institute nd. a. V. Ya. Yuryev NAAS of Ukraine headed by Doctor of Agricultural Sciences Sergei Popov.

Since 2014 V. Ya. Yuriev headed by Doctor of Agricultural Sciences, Professor, Academician, Honored Worker of Science of Ukraine Viktor V. Kirichenko.